Our business has operated from its current location at 36 Fitzroy Street in Derby for the past 15 years. For the two years prior to that we were situated at Lot 909 Millard St in Derby, a location which became too small as our business expanded. Prior to our move to Western Australia we were based out of Alice Springs for 10 years undertaking the roll of prime contractor to MacMahon Construction.
Our current truck fleet consists of seven late model Mack prime-movers and fifteen Tristar side-tipping trailers which we operate in triple road-train, double road-train or single trailer combinations. We also operate a semi water-cart, drop-deck trailer and tri-axle float.
Earthmoving plant and equipment consists of CAT 970F, CAA 950F, CAT 950E, CAT IT24, CAT IT18 loaders, Komatsu WA380, WA250, WA70 loaders, 2 x CAT 226B Skid Steer Loaders, 2 x Volvo A25C Dump Trucks, 130G Grader, D6D Bulldozer, ZX250H-3 Excavator, ZX200-3 Excavator and Komatsu PC30 Mini Excavator.
Our principal operation revolves around subcontract cartage/haulage and earthmoving contracts primarily for MRWA Kimberley Division or Prime Contractors undertaking larger road-works projects. Our operation has diversified over the years and we currently hold several small mining leases in Derby/West Kimberley region. We operate a Fintec 542 Screening Plant and produce river sand for concrete, pindan sand for clean fill, screened river stone and screened gravel pebble for landscaping. We supply gravel road-base, rock and a variety of crushed aggregates, cracker dust and colour-stone rock products from Kimberlye Quarry to the local market. We also mix and supply concrete premix.
A 2-tonne Dyna, 3-tonne Hino and 6-tonne Isuzu trucks deliver small quantities of product around Derby and local surrounding areas. We also supply small quantities of concrete with our ‘mini-mix’ agitator truck.
In addition to the larger projects we undertake small earthworks and excavation jobs, block clearing and clean-up, small landscaping projects.
Gungalla Mackay Pty Ltd is a locally based business employing local people.
Gungalla Mackay currently owns and operates the following equipment:
- Mack Prime Movers in Single, Double & Triple Side-Tipper, Single & Double Float Trailer, and Semi-Water Tanker combinations.
- Mack Body Truck in solo, Single & Double Side-Tipper, and Single Float Trailer combinations.
- 130G CAT Grader
- D6D CAT Dozer
- CAT 226B Skidsteer – Auger, Trencher, Flat & 4-in-1 Buckets
- CAT 924 Loader x 2 – Forks
- IT38G Loader
- 950E CAT Loader
- 970F CAT Loader
- WA470H-5 Loader
- ZX200-3 Hitachi Excavator with Batter, Sieve, & Digging Buckets, Rock Breaker and Auger Head
- ZX250H-3 Hitachi Excavator with Batter, Sieve & Digging Buckets
- PC30 Mini-Excavator with Batter, Sieve & Digging Buckets and Rock Breaker
- A25C Volvo Dump Trucks (2 available)
- Fintec 542 Screening Plant
Gungalla Mackay have the following equipment available for hire:
- Fuel Trailers – 1000 Litre (3 available)
- Water Tanker Trailers – 1000 Litre (3 available)
- 2-tonne Dyna Truck
- 3-tonne Hino Truck
- 6-tonne Isuzu Truck
- Service Vehicles
- Kubota Tractor & 5″ Slasher
- Mini-Agitator & Mobile Batch Plant
Gungalla Mackay provide only bulk quantities of sand, soil and rock. Please contact us to discuss your bulk requirements.
For landscaping products for home use, please visit the Red Sands Website.